How To Pass The Entrance Exams In International Schools

Aside from having a sufficient amount of funds for your school fees, you still need to make sure that you pass the entrance exams if you want to enrol in an international school in Singapore. And if you thought that local exams were hard enough, then you probably have to think again after taking the exams in international schools as they impose strict guidelines and standards when it comes to education.

Usually, international schools will impose difficult entrance exams so they can pick out the best students who are capable and suitable for the school’s high standards of academics. So, before you even want to start planning on saving some cash for the school fees, you will have to first concentrate on passing the examinations if you want to be determined as a qualified student.

Here are some ways that you can do to pass an international school entrance exam especially when you’re in Singapore:

Review basic subjects

Before you do anything else, you will have to first and foremost focus on the basic subjects which typically include Mathematics, Science and English. After all, if you don’t get your fundamentals right at the very beginning, it will be hard for you to move on to any other subjects.

Most of the questions that are in the entrance exams are usually taken from these subjects and it is expected that there will be a portion of easy topics, approximately 40 percent, while the remaining 60 percent will comprise of complex questions.

Take a rest on the day before the exam

Instead of being flustered and wrapped up in constant worry about the exam the next day, you should be taking your much-needed rest after all that effort of studying you have dedicated yourself to.

Not only is it a great way of releasing all sorts of tensions, but you will also avoid being pressured on the day of the examination. What’s more, it is an effective way of allowing you to become confident when it is time to take your exams, which will provide excellent results for the examinee.

Create a study plan

Keep yourself organised by following a fixed study schedule to prepare for the upcoming entrance exam. By doing so, you will be able to manage your time as you have already planned out the dates and timings and the specific subjects that you will be concentrating on.

A study plan will also help you to see which topics you will need to put in more effort on so that you can tackle the questions which will come up in the exams.

Have a good sleep

This is the most overlooked part when it comes to taking exams.

Many students tend to burn the midnight oil for the exams, and as a result, they are too exhausted to focus on the exam and end up making lots of careless mistakes. However, that is not what you should be doing the night before the exam, you should be getting sufficient sleep instead.

It is crucial to have eight to ten hours of sleep the day before the exams to make sure that your mind is fresh and proactive, in that way, you can secure a higher rate of answering the questions on the exam accurately without being careless.

By doing these techniques you can have a higher chance of being accepted in an international school, especially when it comes to securing a place in Singapore as most of the international schools are really strict when it comes to their standards. And the one thing that most of these schools do to maintain their good reputation is to give a difficult entrance exam.

However, by following these tips you will not have to worry about taking the entrance exams. Who knows, you might even ace them!

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *