The obvious answer that pops out when someone asks you whether you regularly visit a dentist is “No”. The common reasoning behind this blunt answer is rather vague than the obvious one, which may be acceptable i.e. “It costs a fortune!” Even then, you should never rely on your version of dental hygiene routine to keep your insides clean and bacteria free.
You never know what is brewing inside until you visit a good orthodontist in Singapore and make them take a closer look into your dental cavity. Even your regular hygiene routine will have gaps if you are engaged in not-so-healthy eating habits. This is why visiting a dentist regularly, or at least once or twice in a year can help you stay up-to-date on your dental hygiene.v
Why visit a dentist when my toothbrush does the work?
Of course, a toothbrush is the ultimate tool to keep those teeth shining bright, but if you really monitor your eating habits and brushing routine, you will find yourself breaking the routine several times in a week. As per dental hygiene tips, you should brush your teeth after every major meal, especially before breakfast and after dinner.
Now that we have established the importance of brushing, let us address the elephant in the room… The cost of visiting a dentist! Without a doubt, visiting a dental clinic disturbs your budget from the get go, but you cannot wait for things to go worse. Delaying on your dental checkups can be even more painful, not to mention the costs that come with serious dental diseases. Moreover, if you are seeking a dental treatment, and the doctor has advised Singapore Invisalign braces costs can be a major blow to your budget.
You will find several state-sponsored clinics in Singapore that offer dental checkups under a budget. Even if you are looking for a braces treatment, you will find Singapore Invisalign braces cost to be much lower than treatments offered by other private clinics. You can even seek a monthly payment plan from your dentist to distribute the costs of your dental treatment. It is better to be safe than sorry, and therefore looking for a good orthodontist in Singapore is your best option for a pain-free future.
13 Free Dental Tips From The Professionals – Keep Smiling!
Why lower your face and frown when you can have that uninterrupted smile just by following these dental tips from renowned orthodontists in Singapore:
1. Brush twice a day, AT LEAST!
2. Brush thoroughly -It should take between 2-3 minutes.
3. Apply this brushing technique -After you have washed your bristles, start brushing with a 45 degree angle, and use short strokes. Also focus on the backs of your teeth, by holding your toothbrush vertically and use shorter strokes.
4. Use a fluoride toothpaste -Fluoride helps harden tooth enamel and greatly reduces the risk of decay
5. Floss daily -Use the floss gently, with a slow sawing motion
6. Limit sugar-filled foods -The bacteria that accumulate in a dental plaque convert sugar into acids
7. Limit soft drink intake, acids, fruit juices and cordials -The acid in these foods soften and dissolve the minerals in the tooth enamel, causing cavities.
8. Protect teeth from jerks and injury -Use a mouth guard or a full-face helmet when you play sports.
9. Do not go off biting a brick with your teeth -Your teeth are meant for chewing food, therefore cracking nuts, ripping open packages, removing bottle caps should be avoided.
10. Try saving your knocked out teeth -Do not try to remove your teeth from the gum. If possible, hold the tooth in its place until you can visit a good orthodontist in Singapore.
11. Using a tongue scraper is beneficial -It helps clean your tongue, removing excess bacteria that can lead to bad breath and develop other dental diseases.
12. Stop snacking -Do not snack between meals or after you have brushed at night. This helps protect your teeth longer.
13. Braces -If you are seeking a braces treatment, Singapore Invisalign braces cost higher than other braces treatments, therefore you need to take greater care of your braces as well as the teeth that are shielded by the braces.