While lasers seem to be the go-to treatment for many medical conditions today, the effects of the treatment can be debatable. If you are desperately seeking an acne scar removal treatment, you need to know that while some people say that the results are speedy and visible, others say that they are less predictable.
Most skilled dermatologists do keep laser treatment a part of their patients’ acne treatment plan, however it widely varies from patient to patient, hence the benefits of a laser treatment for acne are still subjective.
What you can expect?
If you have opted for laser treatment for your acne condition, here is what you can expect:
- The results are not always a 100%, i.e. you will still find traces of acne scars.
- The laser treatment will most probably be a part of a series of treatments
- It can take time to get the desired results. (over 3-6 months, if not more)
- There is always a chance for side effects, like burning, itching etc.
- You might not be able to escape the follow-up treatments
- Patients need to follow the professional’s instruction to the “T”.
Should I go for laser treatment for acne scar removal?
- You should go for it if you are squeamish when it comes to blood.
- If the thought of someone touching your skin scares you, laser treatments should be your choice.
- Avoid a laser treatment if your skin is darker or more sensitive. It is less likely that the treatment will be successful.
- It is a cheaper option but if the treatment requires multiple visits, the cost can rise up quickly.